Chic Finds: Books to get you Fired Up
***This Post contains Affiliate Links***
Is self-improvement one of your goals for 2018? If so, then first let me say this:
It Is Hard
I know you're probably like, I cannot believe she said that! It's the truth and you need to face that reality before you even get started. One of the hardest things to do, is to make a change in your life. Even small changes are hard, never mind the bigger ones.
Not to mention that you will face resistance to your decision to change:
- Internal Forces: your thoughts, habits and actions; and
- External Obstacles: Job, partner, family etc.; These can affect your ability to change.
You must keep that in mind before you embark on your quest. Ask yourself: "Am I ready for everything that is going to come with this change?" If you are not, then you may need to re-evaluate your reason for wanting to make a change.
Because change is so hard, the reality is most people fail to effect genuine change. They give up.
If you are one of the few, that are determined to make genuine change in your life this year can I make one suggestion? Read.
There are so many wonderful benefits of reading! However I suggest you read, because:
- It can come in handy when you're feeling discouraged. I have found that times when I'm struggling through writer's block, simply reading helps.
- Not to mention the benefits of reading something related to your dream field can help you with attaining it. How? Because you become more knowledgeable in it, and you also learn skills that help increase your expertise.
If you are going to take my advice and add reading to your goals, here's a quick list of books to check out! These are books that are guaranteed to help you get fired up when you need motivation, encourage you when you're not at your best, and teach you something valuable you didn't even know about yourself.
****In no particular order****
- You are a Badass- Jen Sincero
- Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It- Charlamange Tha God
- The War of Art- Steven Pressfield
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do- Charles Duhigg
- The Last Black Unicorn- Tiffany Haddish
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance- Angela Duckworth
What books get you motivated? Or inspires you to do better? Leave us a comment below and tell us! I love adding good books to my own personal reading list!