Simple ways to Fight off Negative Energy
I've been seeing a lot of "No Negativity" floating around social media a lot lately. I have even posted a couple of things myself on Instagram.
However, just saying "no negativity" is not going to get rid of negative stuff. It may empower you, hopefully, to take steps in a more positive direction though.
So besides saying "No Negativity" this year, what are some other things you can do to keep positive?
Hacks that Help Fight Negative Vibes
- Make Moves: Find something positive to do. Spend time with a relative you haven't seen in a while. Volunteer to read at an Elementary School. Send some e-cards or funny text messages to let people know you're thinking about them. Sometimes one of the best ways to fight negative energy is to take positive action.
- Get Organized: Is your home/office cluttered? Then clear out the space! Get rid of old things that you don't use, or things that don't really make you feel good. In fact studies show that clutter actually causes confusion in people. When you're confused it's easy to become susceptible to negative energy. If it makes you feel bad throwing away old things, then donate them. Besides, it will also give your positive energy meter a major boost.
- Take a Deep Breath, and Focus: Give yourself time to just be. Enjoy the moments. Meditate and clear your head of any junk you have in there. Pray for confidence and clarity. Whatever method works for you, just take some time to give your brain that break. You will find that once you give yourself that all clear, you will feel so much lighter. And less likely to gravitate towards negative spaces.
- Appreciate the Moment: Being thankful and adopting a practice of gratitude increases positive vibrations. Appreciating the people, things, and experiences in your life makes it harder to stay in a negative space. After all, you have so many amazing reasons to be thankful, how could you remain down (upset, angry, etc.)
- Hang out with Like Energies: Your friendships, and the people you surround yourself with has a major impact on your vibrations. If you are surrounded by drama and fighting, then negative energy is all you're going to attract. Find people who reflect the type of positive energy that you would like to have in your life.