Remembering Della Reese
Yesterday November 19th 2017, Actress and Singer Della Reese passed away. I am really saddened by this news, so today I would like to do a quick tribute post in memory of her.
I have always loved Della Reese, she always reminded me of a great aunt I should've had in my life.
I was more familiar with the mature Della Rees. Not personally, but through the various roles she played. I wasn't much of a "Touched by an Angel" fan, but I absolutely loved her in Sanford and Son. I also enjoyed her characters in "Harlem Nights" and "A Thin Line Between Love and Hate".
Although I'm only providing a quick list of facts about Della Reese, you should check out her website for more details about her. Her talent list is very long, and some of her achievements include grammy nominations during her gospel singing career.
6 Things You Didn't Know about Della Reese
- She was discovered by gospel legend Mahalia Jackson.
- She had her own talk show named after herself, that was on air for 197 episodes!
- She was also an ordained minister.
- She performed in vegas as a singer for 9 years in the 70's.
- She did some voice-over work for the TV series "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo."
- Oprah honored her at her 'Legends' Ball in 2005.
Della Reese was an amazing woman. She always seemed liked a powerhouse of strength but you could feel it was all love. At least that was my personal perception growing up.
As a bonus addition to this post I am including 3 clips of her I found on youtube. So enjoy!
Don't forget to leave a comment below and tell us what about your favorite Della Reese character, or even song.